Tuesday, November 4, 2014

No Poo Curly Sue

For quite sometime I have been asked how my hair has grown so fast and how it keeps its sheen and softness. After two separate times of damaging my hair and having to wait over a year of recovery, I decided that I would change a few things about my hair routine and regimen. I don't know about you but no matter if my shampoo is sulfate, paraben-free, or natural it always leaves my hair knotted, frizzy, and feeling like rubber. (Options on shampoos for curly hair on my next blog post!) I noticed all it did for me was strip out all of the natural oils from my hair and because of that I completely stopped using shampoos. Instead I did my research and ladies and gentlemen, I discovered a new addition to my curly grail of products. May I introduce to you.. Drum roll please!!.. Cowash or Conditioning wash! This has been the most magical thing the Curl Goddesses could have come up with. It is more gentle, it is great for detangling your stubborn locks and it won't leave your hair dry while still lifting off the dirt, excess oils, and any remains that derive from natural factors. The best way to stay away from using shampoos is to eliminate any products that contain silicones from your regimen because they are only removed with shampoo and using a conditioning wash will only leave your curls looking dull and lifeless... So what should us curly heads stay away from? Sulfates, Surfactants and Silicones. We want those beautiful curls to bounce with class and sass!

1 comment:

  1. Love it. You just reminded me that I have Carol's Daughter's Co-Wash and I have not used it in a while; wondering why my hair has been so dry. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete