Sunday, November 2, 2014

"Let Your Hands Do The Talking"

A woman's hands are so powerful she can dictate a tribe or delicately nurture a child to sleep, and you bet I will be doing that with a little personality. My whole life I've enjoyed painting and fixing my nails, I most especially love having long nails. Not witch like long, but in a length and shape that says something about you. For so long I used to get tips but I realized that keeping up with that habit was becoming a little to pricey. I decided to give it a try and go natural and so it took me over a year for my nails to be completely natural and without any scarring from the nail removal. Thankfully, I was blessed with my Abuela's (grandmomma's) thick and hard nails. Like your hair, your nails also need to be maintained and moisturized. In order to maintain them I used strengthening base coats to keep them healthy and long such as the Sally Hansen "Triple Strong Strengthener," and hardening base coats to keep them from breaking like the Sally Hansen "Hard As Nails Hard As Wraps." These two have been one of my go to base coats and if the results aren't enough to tell you how well the product works then I don't know what to tell ya! Another way I have kept my nails long is the way I have been filing them. Before, I used to let my nails grow in a squared shape and I realized they were breaking easily on the sides as if they were an old sticker in a gym locker. It irritated me to have short nails so i started to shape them out more oval on the sides, giving it a rounder and more natural flirty shape. I can definitely say my nails don't break as easily anymore, and I am loving the shape it's more of my style. To finish off after putting on my polish of choice I resort to an acrylic and/or drying top coats. I use an acrylic top coat or sealer which gives my nails not only shine but a longer lasting color. As well as my "NailTek 10 Speed Polish," which allows my nails to dry in time before I forget and stick my hands in my bag. This has helped me flip the finger in style while making it worthwhile! XO ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment